Small businesses now realize that sophisticated communications systems are not solely the domain of larger and more established companies. With Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology and various cloud communication solutions, small businesses now have access to phone systems equipped with productivity and call management features that don’t break the bank. And when it comes to powerful enterprise-grade phone systems at an SMB price, small businesses have even more options at their disposal.
The Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division, announced on Tuesday that it is introducing a new member to their award-winning family of IPedge VoIP business communications systems: the IPedge ES System.
IP Communications Made More Accessible and Affordable
Now available from Authorized Toshiba Dealers, the IPedge ES is a compact, single-server solution that costs up to 50 percent less than Toshiba’s IPedge EP system, the solution next to IPedge ES in size. Brian Metherell, Vice President and General Manager for Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division, said their newest system was specifically designed for smaller businesses with up to 24 employees.
“The IPedge ES was designed in direct response to customer and dealer demand for an affordable smaller system that delivers powerful business phone system features,” said Metherell. “With the IPedge ES, small businesses will appreciate the lower point of entry while gaining the benefits of business continuity and networking along with easily transferrable licenses for future growth and migration to another IPedge platform.”
IPedge ES Delivers Key Communications Right out of the Box
IPedge ES is an entry-level model that offers much of the same call processing functionalities of its predecessors — IPedge EP, EC and EM — but in a more compact platform ideal for startups and small offices. Hosted on a small-footprint server powered by an Intel® dual core processor, IPedge ES comes bundled with four trunks and eight telephones, with a maximum capacity of up to 12 trunks and 24 telephones. It also supports various endpoint devices, including Toshiba desktop phones, SIP-based stations, and smartphones with Toshiba’s UCedge Essentials mobile client application.
Below are the key features offered by the IPedge ES system:
- Complete Call Control — IPedge ES offers basic and advanced call processing features such as caller ID, hold, transfer, pick-up, speed dial, conference and more.
- Unified Messaging — Manage communications easily with standard voicemail and an auto attendant, message notifications, soft key navigation of mailbox menus, and the Follow Me feature. Voicemail can also be accessed from an email inbox.
- Mobility and Unified Communications — Access full UC functionalities via the UCedge Essentials client software (available for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, and Windows PCs and Mac OS X computers). The app is equipped with a host of features including access to corporate contacts, call history, greeting and routing management, visual voice and fax mail, and more.
- Multi-node Networking — IPedge ES lets businesses connect multiple Toshiba Systems or unify geographically dispersed locations easily into one system, thanks to its IPedge Net technology.
- Survivability — If the server goes down, the Toshiba IPedge ES system achieves reliable uptime through automatic station registration to a backup IPedge virtual EP/EC/EM survivability server.
- Centralized Administration — The platform offers a browser-based system and personal user administration via the Enterprise Manager application.
- Investment Protection — Licensing is also transferrable to other systems in the series such as the IPedge EP, EC and EM systems, helping protect a business’ investment.
- Software Recovery - To give businesses additional protection, all IPedge ES systems include a recovery USB with the latest IPedge software, which helps restore the system back to its original state.
- Three-year Hardware Warranty - Users can enjoy Toshiba IPedge ES’ three-year hardware warranty, as well as Toshiba’s Software Support and Upgrade Service (SUS).
With their newest offering and promos such as the Toshiba SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service promo, it is clear that Toshiba is on a mission to make IP communications even more accessible and affordable to smaller businesses.
For more information on Toshiba’s IPedge ES phone system or to learn more about their wide range of solutions, visit their website.
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD) is a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS). Founded in 1975 with headquarters in Irvine, California, Toshiba TSD offers innovative products that deliver Voice over IP, voicemail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, and mobility to small to mid-sized businesses and larger enterprises. Toshiba’s award-winning line of IP telephone systems includes the VIPedge, IPedge and Strata CIX series.