Cloud-based contact center solutions are becoming increasingly attractive options for companies that are seeking to drive operational efficiency. Apart from the financial benefits (such as lower startup costs and minimal capital investment), contact center managers and business leaders also find it highly appealing because they no longer have to buy, set up, maintain, or upgrade contact center hardware and software when they choose a cloud solution.
To help meet the needs of business leaders and managers looking to improve contact center performance, Dallas-based managed networking and cloud services provider Masergy has launched its new Cloud Contact Center offering. An extension of Masergy’s Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solution, Cloud Contact Center uses predictive analytics to determine how to best route customer interactions. The omnichannel contact center solution also lets agents interact with customers over a variety of channels (from chat and SMS to email and Twitter) from a single screen.
Taking Contact Center Performance to a New Level
The demand for smarter tools that bring greater efficiencies to the contact center space is no doubt one of the major drivers behind the increased adoption of cloud-based technologies. Dean Manzoori, Vice President of Product Management for UCaaS at Masergy, said in a release that most business customers nowadays are seeking more from contact center tools beyond what traditional solutions have offered.
"Enterprises aren’t looking for just an automatic call distribution engine for their contact center operations,” said Manzoori. “They want to leverage streams of data from all business applications to predictively route customer interactions to the most appropriate resource. And, they want to be able to turn the streams of data into meaningful business insights,” he added. Cloud Contact Center was released to help address the changing requirements of contact centers today, making them more competitive. In an interview, Manzoori confirmed that their cloud contact service was based on Broadsoft's CC-One, first announced in November 2016. "Broadsoft chose us as a torch, as a beacon. They chose us as much as we chose them," Manzoori said.
Key Features of Unified Office Cloud Contact Center
- Predictive analytics - This feature is an invaluable tool in contact center environments. By analyzing customer data with other transactional and historical data, predictive analytics makes it possible for companies to identify the needs of customers and determine how best to communicate with them. This also lets contact centers match callers with the best-suited agents.
- Integration with Salesforce and other top CRM software - Masergy Cloud Contact Center also offers easy integration with top Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software such as Salesforce. With this capability, agents can make and receive calls within Salesforce as well as check customer history, intent, and other relevant data through interactive pop-up screens.
- Comprehensive management dashboard - Contact center managers and supervisors can easily monitor calls across virtual contact center operations in real time with Masergy’s comprehensive management dashboard.
- Omnichannel support - The platform also offers omnichannel support to help contact centers elevate the customer experience. It includes chat, email, social, and SMS support, as well as unified interaction history and web call back. Contact centers will find it highly beneficial to adopt an omnichannel strategy, as research by the Aberdeen Group reveals that companies with an omnichannel strategy enjoyed a 91% year-over-year increase in client retention compared to businesses that do not have this type of strategy.
- Built-in disaster recovery - Businesses can divert call center traffic during emergencies or disruptions from a single cloud-based platform in a matter of minutes.
- Agent and supervisor web clients - Masergy Cloud Contact Center offers web clients accessibility through any desktop browser. The Agent web client lets agents quickly take and manage calls, view call history, check online directories, escalate calls to supervisors, and more. The Supervisor web client, meanwhile, enables supervisors to manage agents through features like silent monitoring, barge-in, whisper coaching, and more.
Below is an overview of the critical engagement features available through Masergy Cloud Contact Center
| Agent Client
|| Supervisor Client
||Intercept/Answer inbound calls
||View/Change agent status
||Real time queue monitoring/management
||Enable alternate routing
||Real time reports
|Outgoing calling line ID selection
||Call center dashboard
|Call recording controls
|Historical agent reports
To learn more about the Cloud Contact Center solution, please visit Masergy’s website. They will also be hosting a webinar entitled "Maximize Your Customer Experience With Cloud Contact Center" on February 22, 2017 at 1pm CST. Sign up for their webinar here.
Masergy Communications is a global provider of hybrid networking, managed security and cloud communications, delivering customized, high-performance platforms that help companies achieve performance beyond expectations. Founded in 2000, Masergy pioneered one of the first global IP/MPLS networks that could provide a pure Ethernet experience to any location in the world. They have since expanded their solutions and today owns and operates the world’s largest independent Software Defined Platform. Masergy was named as the only Visionary in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Global Network Services.