For companies who would like to reap the benefits of IP business phone solutions but are not yet ready to give up their current phone system, SIP Trunking is an excellent option. SIP (which stands for Session Initiation Protocol) Trunking is a service that uses Voice over IP (VoIP) to connect a Private Branch Exchange (PBX) to the internet. It enables the convergence of voice and data into a single line, helping businesses save money. And with Toshiba’s newest SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service promo, businesses can get to enjoy even more savings without compromising the quality of communications.
First, What is SIP Trunking?
Session Initiation Protocol, more commonly referred to as SIP, is a cost-effective form of communication that works alongside your PBX in order to make for an affordable calling solution. In essence, it blends data and voice connections into a single line, allowing you to utilize VoIP technology but also allowing you to stay connected to customers who use a plain old telephone system (POTS). Unfortunately, SIP cannot work by itself and requires the following: a PBX, an Internet telephony service provider, and a gateway to connect to other networks (ie the public switched telephone network, or PSTN).
There are a number of advantages to using SIP Trunking. Namely, SIP Trunking can help reduce costs associated with adding extra extensions. With older legacy phone systems, adding extensions could require extra wiring in addition to costs associated with the installation. But SIP Trunking can help you easily add extensions, and scale up or down as needed because SIP can be mostly setup via software. In turn, this also means that upkeep and maintenance costs are lower, too. Plus, a SIP trunk can also place emergency calls, as well as work with email and texting.
Toshiba: Delivering SIP Savings to New and Existing Customers
Available through March 29, 2017 from Authorized Toshiba Dealers, Toshiba SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service promo offers significant savings for new and existing customers of Toshiba’s IPedge and Strata CIX on-site VoIP business communications solutions. The promo includes unlimited local and long distance bundles (each with two free channels) and free SIP licenses for IPedge and Strata CIX systems with any purchased Toshiba I-VoIP SIP trunks.
David Ansehl, director of Sales, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division, has this to say about their latest offering:
“Customers are making the move from traditional analog and PRI voice connectivity to VoIP trunking or hosted services. Toshiba is one of the few vendors in the unique position of being both a next-generation service provider of SIP trunking and Hosted Telephony as well as a communication software developer and equipment manufacturer. Toshiba’s SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service promotion enables new and existing Toshiba customers to take advantage of a single-vendor solution for their unified communications needs at a significant value.”
Why Choose Toshiba’s SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service
Toshiba’s SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service lets users take advantage of their existing broadband connections to deliver voice calls between their Toshiba phone systems and the public switched telephone network (PSTN). Aside from the obvious cost-savings, this service also delivers a host of benefits to businesses.
- Single-vendor solution - From the equipment to the service, an Authorized Toshiba Dealer will have everything covered. The dealer will engineer a business’ requirements, take care of the SIP partner relationships, and configure the router/firewall based on Toshiba’s guidelines.
- Simplify communications infrastructure - Toshiba’s SIP Trunking service helps simplify a business’ communications infrastructure since only one network is used for both voice and data. This is unlike traditional ISDN trunks wherein separate company networks need to bought, deployed, and upgraded to manage both voice and data
- Efficient use of trunk bandwidth - Compared to traditional ISDN trunks, SIP trunks allocate bandwidth between voice and data more efficiently and dynamically. For instance, if there is a sudden spike in voice traffic due to concurrent calls, the SIP trunk can allocate more bandwidth for voice. And when there are no voice calls, bandwidth can then become more available for data.
- Business-grade voice quality - Users can also enjoy clear, two-way conversations on SIP trunks, with voice quality comparable to traditional phone company circuits.
- Scalability - With Toshiba’s SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service, users pay only for what they need. They also choose from Toshiba’s calling plans at competitive rates.
- Assured capacity and call quality - Toshiba’s SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service also ensures all calls get through, no matter what. DID Failover Forwarding sends direct inward dial (DID) calls to a specified alternate number when the WAN connection is unavailable. Meanwhile, overflow calls (during sudden periods of high calling activity) can also automatically be handed off to reserve, on-demand bandwidth.
To learn more details about Toshiba’s SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service or to check out more of their promotions, please visit their website.
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD) is a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS). Headquartered in Irvine, California, Toshiba TSD offers business communication solutions designed for small to medium-sized enterprises and businesses with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba TSD’s award-winning business communication solutions include the VIPedge cloud-based service, IPedge IP and Strata CIX on-site business telephone solutions. They also offer UCedge, an award-winning unified communications application.