Next to service provider consolidation, one of the biggest trends that emerged in the cloud communications space in 2016 is the growing focus on team collaboration. As today’s modern workforce become increasingly mobile, often working across regions, time zones, and devices, communicating and collaborating in real time has become a challenge.
To address such problem, various messaging and collaboration solutions have been created to meet this growing need. Oftentimes, the first solution that comes to mind for inter-office chat is Slack. And while Slack is a solid workplace collaboration tool, there are actually other alternatives from cloud communication providers that offer better feature sets that are able fill in some of the gaps left uncovered by Slack. One of these options is RingCentral Glip.
A Mobile-first Communication and Collaboration Experience
A rebranding of the eponymous startup that RingCentral acquired in 2015, RingCentral Glip is an all-in-one team messaging, collaboration, and productivity tool. Unlike other tools (such as Slack and HipChat), Glip is designed for everyone--not just for designer audiences. It helps teams and workers to be productive both outside of the office and at their desks by unifying all the essential tools and apps team use in a single platform. RingCentral Glip is seamlessly integrated with the RingCentral Office cloud PBX suite of services and can also be accessed as a freemium subscription service.
Marco Casalaina, Vice President of applications at RingCentral, had this to say about their latest offering:
“RingCentral is raising the bar on workplace productivity, transforming how people communicate and get work done from a single, collaborative communications hub. To better empower today’s mobile workforce, we’ve enhanced RingCentral Glip’s rich capabilities for the mobile platforms our customers depend on. Now, with enhanced speed, reliability, and collaboration functionality, our customers can be more productive no matter which mobile devices they choose to work from.”
What RingCentral Glip Does
Available for both iOS and Android devices, the new RingCentral Glip apps are built to provide a richer communication experience. The apps work seamlessly with RingCentral’s apps, which allows users to schedule online meetings or conference calls. It also features integrated task management, file sharing, and calendaring tools, ensuring teams are on the same page and on schedule. The platform also extends beyond mobile and across desktop web and desktop apps for Windows and MacOS.
Here’s how the RingCentral Glip apps help teams get things done:
RingCentral Glip for Android and iOS
- Send messages and share files in teams or privately with co-workers
- Use conversation filters or markers to track and keep on top of messages
- Easily view files, links, and notes shared by teammates
- Make voice calls or start an audio conference with co-workers by signing in with RingCentral
- Start a video conference to share presentations and collaborate with teams from around the world
- Locate co-workers, teams, message keywords, or files more easily with the improved search experience
- View posts and notifications from third-party integrations (including platforms such as JIRA, Zendesk, and Trello)
- Support for split-screen on Android Nougat 7.0 (For Android)
- Improved formatting and landscape support for Android tablets
- View PDFs and Microsoft Office® files directly from the app (For iOS)
- Open and share documents in another app (For iOS)
- Sync iOS Contacts list (For iOS)
- Swipe left on a conversation to mark it as “favorite” or star it to label as “important” (For iOS)
To download RingCentral Glip apps or to learn more about their features, please visit Google Play store or Apple iTunes.
RingCentral is a trusted provider of cloud-based business communications and collaboration products and solutions. Headquartered in Belmont, California, RingCentral aims to improve how businesses communicate and collaborate with their comprehensive suite of communications solutions. Their solutions include RingCentral Office, RingCentral Contact Center, RingCentral Global Office, RingCentral Professional, RingCentral Fax, and RingCentral Glip.