What Should I Know About Free Internet Calling Providers?
Free internet calling providers have limited functionality despite the "free" price tag.
While many free Internet calling providers offer free calls, their fine print limits users to a certain amount of talk time to the public network (usually, calls between users on the same network are free and not counted towards this). After the allotted amount, the call is cut off. Other services only allow you to place free calls to users on the same network. For example:
- Freebuzzer offers only 2 minutes of free Internet calls
- Tuitalker offers 3 free calls per day with their 3 for Free plan.
- iEvaphone offers 4 calls a day; or a duration of 24 hours on a single IP.
- Lumicall offers free calling from their website to any user with Lumicall.
- Call2Friends offers a specific number of free time (measured in seconds) that depends on the country you are calling.
Furthermore, some free Internet calls also may make you listen to advertisements that you hear or see before your call is connected. Other free Internet calling providers very likely charge for international calls, too. So while you may be able to get free calling without paying for a service, your free calling is severely limited.