Telecommuting and flexible work arrangements have become increasingly common for many of today's companies. In fact, a 2015 report from research firm Gallup revealed that telecommuting has climbed up to 37% when compared to the last decade. Part of the reason that telecommuting has significantly grown in recent years is due to the wide availability of advanced Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and cloud communication technologies. Additionally, Unified Communications (UC) has enabled teams to stay connected and work together on projects despite being stationed at different locations around the globe.
But what makes for the best communication and collaboration solution or tools? In an interview with Diana Chu, the Chief Customer Officer at Telzio, a trusted provider of internet-based phone systems for businesses, she shares that ordinary cloud communication and UC tools simply won’t suffice in helping companies build collaborative teams and, consequently, in achieving success. What companies need, Chu says, is a tool that unlocks true collaboration.
Collaborative Communications for Business
In today’s digital age, there are a hundred of different ways businesses and their remote teams can communicate. And with telecommuting on the up and up, it's important that today's companies research and embrace new technologies and communication channels. But simply communicating is no longer enough. In order to succeed, organizations must also embrace collaborative communications.
Chu defines collaborative communications as the “ability for teams to work together on managing calls, messages, and faxes in real time.” By managing communications effectively, teams can provide the best response and resolve any issues quickly. This isn’t easily achieved with mainstream UC tools, though, says Chu. With UC, voice, chat, video, and conferencing products are integrated into one platform. However, true collaboration requires much more than just a conference call or a screen share between colleagues. This is why Telzio decided to improve their offering to include collaborative communication features.
“Telzio is the first provider to offer a true Collaborative Communications platform, beyond mainstream Unified Communication tools," said Chu. "Other solutions integrate existing technologies like conferencing and instant messaging platforms, but in addition to those integrations, Telzio has developed new collaboration tools for teams to better manage telephone activity.”
What Telzio Does
According to Chu, here's how Telzio works to achieve true collaboration:
“Telzio’s collaborative communication tools are unprecedented. With Telzio, teams can work on voicemails, text messages, call recordings, and faxes as a group using comments, tags, and re-assigning tools, enabling business users to collectively engage in managing and problem-solving communications to achieve the best resolution or response.” All of these options are accessible directly from the Telzio Dashboard.
Telzio’s collaborative communications solution help teams get work done in the following ways:
- Manage phone activity all in one place - Chu says, “True collaboration requires multiple users to engage first-hand and in real-time on a shared project. Telzio offers an instant, collective way for teams to collaborate on communications in the same place they receive them - on the Dashboard.” From the Telzio dashboard, users can view and manage all of their latest phone activity including missed calls, voicemails, SMS, and faxes. No more going back and forth between tabs or screens, which reduces employee productivity and causes a disrupt in workflow.
- Tag, comment, and reassign - Telzio lets teams work smarter and better through features such as tag, comment, and reassign. Tags are labels that can be assigned to files such SMS, voicemails, faxes, and call recordings for easy tracking. Comments are helpful for internal use. Users can also utilize it to make notes for themselves or to give instructions to other employees on how to handle an issue before assigning it to them. The Reassign feature, meanwhile, is useful for front desk operators and project managers. It lets users easily delegate items or issues to the rest of the team.
- Incorporate SMS - Telzio also supports SMS, helping to facilitate quick and unintrusive communications. Chu says, “Telzio enables companies to capture incoming text messages from customers, enhance outreach, improve customer service, and convert more customers. Office staff can quickly send text messages to field agents on the Telzio Mobile App, and manage and collaborate on SMS conversations through the Telzio Dashboard.”
- Track voicemail - Another unique feature offered by Telzio is the ability to turn a voicemail into text, for free. Callers can simply leave a message and the recipient will then receive it in text format.
- Virtualize fax service - Virtual faxes are also available on Telzio, helping eliminate the need for old fax machines and reducing paper waste. Via the Telzio Dashboard, teams can view, download, tag, comment, and reassign faxes for quick and easy collaboration.
- Collaborate from anywhere - By understanding the increased number of telecommuters and remote workers, Telzio also enables companies to support a globally distributed workforce under a single platform. “With Telzio, organizations can deploy their telephony platform using a mobile-only strategy, or a hybrid of desktop and mobile devices," explained Chu. "Telzio’s Mobile App and automated call routing features enable companies to distribute calls to off-site employees, while the Telzio Dashboard provides easy administration and management of services online.” Telzio is also set to announce their biggest mobile integration to date later this year.
Whether it is numerous business applications, working from remote locations, or different channels of communication, connecting your office and team members can be difficult. And working to build a collaborative team environment to ensure future successes does not come without challenges. But with a robust UC strategy and the right collaboration tools, it definitely can be done. And Telzio is helping businesses to achieve this by delivering a competitive collaboration solution to the UC market.
Telzio powers the cloud communication needs of companies around the world. With its high-definition call quality, modern, usable design, and customizable features, Telzio’s communication solution helps companies work seamlessly across locations.
To learn more about Telzio and how their solutions are bringing value to today’s modern businesses, please visit Telzio’s website.