For aspiring and established entrepreneurs, attending business conferences is one of the best ways to get fresh ideas and strategies on how to take or realign your business in the right direction. One popular business conference that has proven to be both informative and inspiring is NextCon16, which is organized by one of the leaders in cloud communications: Nextiva.
Held this past November 14th through the 16th in Scottsdale, Arizona, NextCon16 brought together some of the greatest and most inspiring thought leaders to deliver valuable lessons and insights to business, marketing, sales, and technical professionals, in addition to a number of students. The three-day event featured over 50 speakers including Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple; Pat Wadors, LinkedIn Chief Human Resources Officer; and Guy Kawasaki, author of “Rich Dad Poor Dad” and former Apple Chief Evangelist.
Nextiva not just about selling products
Thomas Gorny, Nextiva’s CEO and one of the conference speakers, said that Nextiva isn’t just about selling products. In fact, it is one of the company’s goals to help businesses get better. “We wanted to create an event where we could provide content that really helps businesses,” Gorny said. Yaniv Masjedi, Nextiva’s Vice President of Marketing, also said that the conference was primarily focused on learning and education. In an interview, Masjedi said, “Making Arizona a strong business community is really our responsibility as part of that community.”
Below are some of the highlights of the three-day conference:
- An array of educational workshops. NextCon16 organized workshops that covered a variety of topics for businesses including landing page optimization, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies, small business marketing strategies, video marketing, online advertising strategies, social media and more.
- Nextiva unveiled its new communications platform, NextOS. The VoIP provider also announced NextOS, its new operating system that combines communication, collaboration, and engagement into one platform. Gorny said NextOS was their solution to today’s business communications crisis, where organizations hear more from customers yet understand less because most businesses use different tools and apps to manage customer information. “NextOS was created to overcome this major problem through a single, natively built platform to communicate with, engage with, and empower customers with an effortless experience,” Gorny said. NextOS is set to launch in 2017.
- Guy Kawasaki pushed attendees to “jump the innovation curve." Kawasaki led a humor-infused discussion of what it takes for businesses to achieve long-term success. According to Apple’s Former Chief Evangelist, companies should strive for innovation by “not doing things 10% better, but 10X better.”
- Existing and prospective Nextiva partners were urged to transform their sales approach. Day 2 of the conference gave more focus on Nextiva’s partners and how they can leverage Nextiva’s solutions to earn more and enjoy more success. Channel chief Ira Feuerstein highlighted the importance of preparing demos and presentations in successfully closing deals.
- One-on-one with Wozniak. Attendees also had the opportunity to hear from one of the legends in tech, Steve Wozniak. Interviewed by Nextiva’s CEO, Wozniak shared how he wanted to work behind the scenes. One big piece of advice he offered attendees was about simplicity. He said: “If you care about elegance and simplicity, you get great products.”
- Attendees had the opportunity to chat with the event sponsors and network with other attendees. Finally, one of the most valuable opportunities attendees had during the three-day event was being able to chat with event sponsors such as Polycom, Panasonic, Cisco, Phoenix Business Journal, and more. It also gave attendees the chance to speak and partner with other business professionals and local entrepreneurs in the industry.
As a company, Nextiva also showed that not only do they lead and innovate, but they also care. All proceeds from NextCon16 will go to various charities in the local Phoenix area, including Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Mayo Clinic, the Joy Bus, and Horses Help.
Nextiva is an award-winning cloud phone service company that offers communication solutions to small businesses, enterprises, and businesses in the education and government industries. Their phone solutions come with NextOS, which allows businesses to manage all users, features, billing, and account changes from one user-friendly user portal. Nextiva also has Nextiva Analytics, which helps businesses to grow through accurate reporting of real-time call activity and call reports. The company also boasts amazing customer support, awards from top news outlets, and unified communications that make business phone service simple. These factors (and more) are why over 100,000 businesses of various sizes and in various industries choose Nextiva as their service provider.