As Unified Communications (UC) continues to transform how today's businesses communicate and operate, many service providers are also seeking to integrate other types of technologies into their UC solutions to improve their offerings. Interest in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and BOT technology, in particular, is growing rapidly as service providers find more ways to deliver UC to their customers in a more efficient manner.
VOSS, a global supplier of unified communication management platforms, understands the challenges many organizations face when it comes to managing their enterprise communications systems. Thus, in order to help enterprises and their employees make the most of their UC management tool, VOSS-4-UC, the company introduced another innovative product: the VOSSbot.
Another Breakthrough from the VOSS Innovations Lab
Introduced at Enterprise Connect in Orlando, Florida, VOSSBot provides the ability for organizations (and especially their non-technical employees) to control and manage VOSS-4-UC using natural language chat. VOSSBot does this by leveraging specialized VOSS APIs and the Microsoft Bot framework plus a dash of artificial intelligence.
Christopher Martini, Vice President Skype for Business at VOSS, believes that there is no better place to integrate AI and BOT technology than in Unified Communications.
“Every organization should be looking for meaningful ways to leverage artificial intelligence and BOT technology to enhance the customer and employee experience. Nowhere is this truer than in the Unified Communications space. It is our DNA,” said Martini. “VOSSBot simplifies day-to-day administrative tasks so that VOSS customers can spend less time managing enterprise communications tasks and more time delivering value to their organizations.”
How VOSSBot Empowers UC Users
In a release, the company said that the primary purpose of VOSSBot is to reduce the burden on IT teams and improve UC service delivery across the organization by assisting and enabling non-technical employees to Move, Add, Change, and Delete work by simply ‘chatting’ and interacting directly with the software.
Below are some of the major highlights of VOSSBot:
- Users can tap VOSSBot by simply typing a request or a message through common chat tools such as Skype or Slack. VOSSBot is able to respond to and can engage users over a wide range of natural language topics and can perform complicated and/or time-consuming management tasks quickly.
- VOSSBot also enables qualified employees to make or request changes to the UC system using natural language. No specialized training or access to a specialized interface is required.
- Not only can the bot be connected to VOSS-4-UC, but it can also integrate capabilities with other HR, IT, or business systems that a company currently uses to streamline workflows and enhance productivity.
- Because VOSSBot can easily assist users with a wide range of tasks, a company's IT staff and associated resources will be freed up to be allocated to more important issues. "VOSSBot takes care of requests without IT's phone ever ringing," Martini said.
According to VOSS, their team developed the VOSSBot project in order to showcase that:
- VOSS-4-UC offers flexible deployment options
- VOSS offers powerful integration capabilities to connect their UC solution to a wider range of business and IT systems.
- UC management can be simple, straightforward, and effortless when a business uses the right tools.
Learn more about VOSS and how they help businesses easily and securely transition to UC by visiting their website.
VOSS Solutions helps enterprises simplify and make the most out of today’s increasingly sophisticated communications environments through their multi-vendor UC management and migration technology. VOSS-4-UC, their award-winning advanced business communication operations management (BCOM) platform, helps businesses design, deploy, and optimize UC solutions. It can be installed on premise or consumed in the cloud. VOSS-4-UC is a central component of the VOSS Solution for enterprises and government services. It offers the following benefits:
||End user benefits
- Retains knowledge within the organization
- Designs implemented correctly
- Faster triage times
- Frees engineers from repetitive tasks
- Avoids data slippage
- Improves integration with legacy systems
- Single business portal for all UC services
- Faster service delivery for new applications
- Real-time self-service for end users
- Maintain strategic control of the communications environment
- Real-time service profile management and reporting
- Reduce total cost of ownership
- Implementation savings
- Operational savings
- Capital savings
VOSS MiGR8-2-UC, meanwhile, is designed to enable businesses to support and carry out big data UC migration projects both rapidly and efficiently. It works across deployment models and supports multiple data sources as well as multiple target environments. MiGR8-2-UC’s approach to migration minimizes business impact, reduces errors, and cut costs.
Headquartered in Richardson, Texas, VOSS also has offices located in Reading, United Kingdom, and Cape Town, South Africa. Currently, more than 130 cloud service providers and enterprise organizations across the world deploy the VOSS technology.