In the past, offering the highest quality product or service at the best price could be enough to attract more customers and improve your customer base. And while product and price are still important in today’s digital world, the way in which an organization delivers service to its customers has become as important--or perhaps even more so--as the product or service they offer. In fact, according to a study by customer intelligence firm Walker, customer experience will emerge as a key brand differentiator by the year 2020, trumping price and product. But how exactly can businesses provide the best customer experience and stay ahead of the competition?
In this article, Chris Bauserman, the Vice President of Segment and Product Marketing at inContact, a global leader in cloud contact center software, shares with VoipReview.org why contact centers are crucial to delivering great customer experiences and highlights the various ways that inContact is helping organizations transform the customer experience into a business-driving competitive advantage.
Defining Customer Experience
Customer experience has become a widely used phrase in recent years, but what exactly does it entail? According to Forrester Research, customer experience refers to how a customer perceives a brand as a result of doing business with that company. These perceptions may influence their behavior, which could either drive or discourage customer loyalty. Forrester further identifies three things that make a good customer experience based on the customer’s perspective: it has to be useful (deliver value), usable (make it easy to find and engage with the value), and enjoyable (emotionally engaging).
But businesses can not directly tell whether the experience they delivered was indeed useful, usable, and enjoyable for their customers; only the latter can. What companies can do, though, is ensure that every interaction, contact, or touchpoint is meaningful--and the contact center is proving to be the frontline in this battle.
Shaping Customer Experiences via the Contact Center
According to Bauserman, “Customer experience is rapidly evolving for organizations of any size, a result of the proliferation of digital channels and social media, mobile technology, the need to reduce customer churn and increase loyalty and “always on” consumers. As a result, enterprises seek a customer experience strategy that successfully connects to consumers throughout the customer journey. Every contact or touchpoint on that customer journey is an opportunity to get the customer onboard, complete the sale, increase their loyalty, reduce churn, and otherwise drive greater customer satisfaction.”
Because contact centers are a company’s most important brand ambassadors, they need to be equipped with the right tools and technologies (and of course, capable agents) to ensure that only the highest quality customer experience is delivered. This is the challenge that inContact seeks to address. “We see our role as providing the best performing and widest range of tools to make that contact center cost efficient and effective in driving greater revenues and higher customer satisfaction,” said Bauserman.
What inContact Offers Users
For inContact, exceptional customer experience doesn’t happen by accident. That is why they have developed the Customer Interaction Cloud, hailed by five major analyst firms as the most complete cloud contact center solution. It offers a comprehensive suite of tools and integrations businesses need to achieve their customer experience goals.
Below are some of the solutions inContact offers to help businesses transform and deliver exceptional customer experiences:
- inContact Omnichannel Routing - A contact routing and interaction management suite. This helps agents connect customers to the appropriate contact or qualified agent across any channel every time. Omnichannel routing includes multi-channel automatic contact distributor (ACD), interactive voice response, proactive outbound, and My Agent eXperience -MAX.
- inContact Workforce Optimization - Happy agents create happy customers. inContact’s Workforce Optimization solution helps ensure that contact center agents are skilled, efficient, and motivated to get the job done. The solution covers workforce management, performance management, speech/desktop analytics, quality management, coaching and learning tools, satisfaction surveys, recording, and customer survey.
- inContact Analytics - inContact helps create a data-driven culture with inContact Analytics. The solution provides businesses the ability to get information from every interaction that can be used to identify improvement opportunities. inContact Analytics includes real-time dashboards, pre-built/custom reports, direct data access, and performance management.
- inContact Voice as a Service - This is a network connectivity suite that delivers flexible and reliable telephony services especially made for the contact center. inContact offers a full range of telephony options, with guaranteed voice quality through the industry’s only voice Service Level Agreement (SLA) based on the Mean Opinion Score (MOS) published for each customer.
- inContact Open Cloud Platform - The enterprise-grade foundation that allows contact centers of all sizes to scale quickly, deploy efficiently to any location, and serve customers globally. inContact delivers the industry-best published service level agreement of 99.99%, in addition to an extensive collection of pre-built integrations from a wide network of ecosystem partners.
The inContact Advantage
inContact is one of the many contact center software vendors in the market, but they are considered as the global technology leader having the largest global reach serving over 100 countries and over 2,000 contact center deployments.
Bauserman believes that inContact’s cloud contact center solutions stand out in the market because they help create better engagement and productivity compared to the solutions of the past. “The advantages of cloud contact center solutions revolve around flexibility and ease-of-use. Cloud solutions make it easy for contact centers to scale services up and down – add agents or reduce workforce – to match fluctuating contact volume and customer service needs,” Bauserman iterated. In addition, customers also benefit from the pay-as-you-go billing model. Here, customers are billed by the number of agents rather than a flat rate that may be more than what they need in a billing cycle.
“Furthermore, cloud solutions eliminate the need for servers and other on-site equipment to be housed, maintained and managed, and automatic system upgrades are available at no cost,” mentioned Bauserman.
In a blog post, Randy Littleson, the CMO at inContact, also identified three things that enable inContact to help organizations reach their customer experience goals. These include: their technology (inContact’s industry-leading Customer Interaction Cloud), people (inContact’s team of business and contact center industry experts), and partners (inContact has over 75 trusted, industry-leading partners).
To learn more about inContact’s range of solutions and services and how they are transforming the customer experience via contact centers, visit inContact’s website.
A NICE company (Nasdaq: NICE), inContact is the global technology leader in contact center software solutions. inContact’s Customer Interaction Cloud, the most complete contact center platform, integrates omnichannel routing, workforce optimization, and analytics to enable contact centers efficiently manage customer relationships and deliver exceptional customer experiences.