Mobile is the way many people work in today's business environment. No longer are employees bound to their desks, performing and completing tasks in one place within a regular set of hours. With the advancements in cloud communication technologies and the rising popularity of mobile devices, employees are now able to complete their work, collaborate with fellow employees, and communicate with anyone from anywhere, anytime.
Tango Networks, a leading technology provider of business communication services, understands that workers are entirely reliant on their mobile devices for work and to help them stay connected. And because of this, employees need a seamless experience across their mobile operating systems to help lessen the learning curve and to make workflows easy. Thus, in order to provide a superior user experience to modern, mobile workers, Tango Networks recently announced iOS Apple CallKit compatibility for iPhone devices connected to Tango Networks’ Kinetic Communications Platform.
Enhancing Enterprise Communications
More and more employees are using their mobile devices for collaboration apps like instant messaging, for saving and sharing files, and even for video conferencing. However, according to Tango Networks, some studies and customer testimonies show that when it comes to making and receiving calls, some employees still prefer to use their personal mobile phone numbers instead of mobile UC VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) applications.
Tango Networks’ Kinetic Communications Platform integration with iOS Apple CallKit aims to change this. With the latest integration, users can extend and take advantage of enterprise communications seamlessly with iPhone devices.
In a release, Andrew Silver, CTO and co-founder of Tango Networks, said, “Delivering on our commitment to provide simple enterprise communications, we’re excited to offer a native experience for iPhone business calls.” “It’s critical to provide a good user experience to drive end-user adoption and in turn, companies can ensure employee communications are properly controlled and monitored in the enterprise,” he added.
Below are some of the features of Tango Networks iOS 10 CallKit solution:
- Make the iPhone the mobile endpoint of any UC system
- Let users make and receive business calls from the iPhone’s native dialer
- Provide users direct access to corporate directory and rich UC features
- Enterprise enforcement and control over mobile business calls
- Business calls made through high-quality cellular networks
Tango Networks’ Kinetic Communications Platform
Dubbed as the industry’s first Software-Defined Communications platform, Tango Networks’ Kinetic Communications platform is a breakthrough in mobile enterprise communications. In a blog post, Silver said Kinetic Communications Platform “enables a company to control mobile communications in an entirely new way.”
The platform features a unique policy enforcement architecture that enables a worker’s mobile phone to become an extension of a company’s corporate communications network. Features such as conferencing, interoffice dialing, and call transfers (among others) work seamlessly on a mobile phone, offering users the same experience as if they were on a desk phone. The platform makes these functions part of the device’s native user interface and operation. Personal communications, meanwhile, remain totally private.
Below are some of the highlights of Tango Networks’ Kinetic Communications Platform:
- UC features on mobile device - The platform maximizes usability and user satisfaction by allowing enterprise on-premises UC features to be operated within the native interface and behavior of the user’s device.
- Desktop phone features on mobile - Features include short code dialing, call transfer, conference, call move, and more.
- Manage a professional business identity- The platform ensures users carry and maintain a single, business identity across both voice calls and SMS as their business number works on mobile.
- Enable BYOD while maintaining control and compliance - Kinetic platform enables companies to simplify and easily manage their BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policies. It helps log and record business communications for compliance and quality assurance.
- Synchronize communications - Users can also benefit from the platform’s integration with other enterprise applications, such as CRM, ERP, and inventory systems, among others.
- Effective call routing - With the platform, enterprises can also direct business calls from an enterprise user’s mobile device the company’s corporate communications infrastructure for handling.
In addition to iPhone devices, Tango Networks’ Kinetic Communications platform is also compatible with other business messaging and enterprise telephony platforms. It works on any standard UC or PBX (Private Branch Exchange) platforms from all leading vendors, including Avaya, Cisco, and Microsoft. It has also enabled more than 250,000 mobile end-points for enterprises worldwide.
To find out more about Tango Networks and their offerings, please visit their website.
About Tango Networks
Tango Networks enables companies to maximize their communications systems by extending their business communication services applications to any mobile device. They empower companies to boost their “mobile first” strategies with their groundbreaking Software-Defined Communications platform, Kinetic Communications Platform. Tango Networks is headquartered in Frisco, Texas.