First impressions are crucial for businesses. In fact, it’s one of the keys to winning over customers as well as for creating profitable, sustainable, long-term partnerships with clients. This is why it’s important for businesses to put their best foot forward in all of their encounters with customers. And for many companies, these initial encounters often happen over the phone, so ensuring that customer calls are handled professionally and efficiently is of the utmost importance.
To help enterprises create good first impressions each and every time, Enghouse Interactive, a leading provider of customer contact solutions, recently introduced a new professional call handling solution for Microsoft Skype for Business: the TouchPoint Attendant. Sandra Crawford, the Director of Strategic Alliances at Enghouse Interactive, spoke with VoipReview.org about how TouchPoint Attendant can help businesses provide the best customer service experience through an easy-to-use interface packed with features.
Providing Next Generation Customer Service
Launched at this year’s Enterprise Connect conference in Orlando, Florida, TouchPoint Attendant for Microsoft Skype for Business Online is a professional, client-only based call handling solution designed to help companies and their receptionists or operators manage the high number of calls more efficiently. It natively integrates into Microsoft’s Skype for Business Cloud PBX and Office365 and is one of the first consoles to market with support for Skype for Business Online and Office365.
TouchPoint Attendant features an intuitive call handling interface that helps receptionists provide a better caller experience and achieve improved productivity. In addition, it also empowers receptionists by enabling them to leverage the collaboration features of Office365 and the powerful unified communications capabilities of Skype for Business. The operator console solutions also do not require additional hardware or IT infrastructure. All users simply have to do is download and install the attendant console.
“Our customers are calling TouchPoint Attendant “The Receptionist’s Secret Weapon”! said Crawford. “Because of the power of Skype for Business, receptionists now have visibility to the rest of the organization and can see presence as well as IM colleagues for quick responses. The days of having no more information than a line appearance on a phone to determine if you can transfer the calls are over.”
Key Features of TouchPoint Attendant Console
Enghouse Interactive understands the value of providing nothing but the highest quality of service to clients. And with their TouchPoint Attendant, businesses are now more equipped to handle customer calls and serve their customers easily and effortlessly--no learning curve and additional servers required.
In addition to ease of use, the following features below are only among the reasons why deploying Enghouse Interactive’s TouchPoint Attendant console makes sense for businesses:
- Intuitive interface - The console’s intuitive interface blends traditional call handling tools with comprehensive call and contact details, as well as Skype for Business presence information. Receptionists or operators use simple point-and-click functionality to answer, make, hold, transfer, or park calls. Via the interface, operators can also check how many calls are waiting, as well as see the caller’s name as the call arrives. Having all this information at one’s fingertips means receptionists can quickly prioritize high-value callers or write down notes for a particular call before transfer.
- Presence-enabled directory - This feature enables operators to easily access a list of internal staff and other important external contacts. Skype for Business enterprise presence is specifically shown along with the contacts (in both the directory and one-touch presence buttons) so receptionists can determine availability. “With the Skype for Business directory, there is no longer a need to memorize everyone’s personal extension," said Crawford. "Combine that with the power of TouchPoint Attendant, which enhances those Skype for Business benefits by adding the visual elements like seeing how many callers are in queue, WHO is in queue, who’s on hold, when transferred calls get picked up, ‘recently transferred to’ parties, and MORE – and we have a definite game-changer for receptionists and call handling!”
- Intelligent call queueing - TouchPoint Attendant for Skype for Business includes intelligent routing feature to ensure all calls are directed to the right queue and recipient. Calls that come in during a specific hour or day, for instance, can be directed to a different site or be prioritized over other calls.
- Personalized service - Nothing makes customers feel more valued than personalized customer service. TouchPoint Attendant for Skype for Business can help companies deliver the unique personalized service that clients demand and deserve as the operator console includes features that allow them to match caller ID and screen-pop directory information. The application also displays the history of any incoming call. This means receptionists can greet callers by name, as well as surmise the possible reasons for the call, helping to improve call resolution rates.
- Performance monitoring - TouchPoint Attendant also includes performance monitoring reports that help measure and track customer experience and operator performance. Not only does it help managers forecast demand, it also helps the company improve and optimize overall performance.
Where the Business Communications Space is Headed
Looking towards the future of communications in the voice space, Enghouse Interactive believes that the cloud will remain a dominant trend, both in communication and collaboration. “Enterprises will continue moving away from premise-based infrastructure, and that includes phone systems. Employees still rely on telephony for real-time communication, and to support that, we expect to see greater take-up of cloud-based PBX systems,” noted Crawford. “While there are many options to choose from, Microsoft’s ubiquity makes Skype Online an easy choice for Cloud PBX.”
“Based on the adoption of Skype Online via Office365, we see Advanced Contact Centers moving forward in 2 ways: hosted and managed by system integrators or full cloud Contact Center. Enghouse Interactive will continue to work with Microsoft to bring these solutions to market as we have been for nearly a decade,” Crawford added.
Learn more about Enghouse Interactive’s TouchPoint Attendant Console and how the solution is helping companies by visiting Enghouse Interactive’s website.
About Enghouse Interactive
Enghouse Interactive develops and provides high-quality customer interaction management solutions for organizations worldwide. Their technology solutions include contact center, attendant console, predictive outbound dialer, knowledge management, IVR, and call recording. Enghouse Interactive is a subsidiary of Enghouse Systems Limited, a software and services company.