Business communications are rapidly becoming more mobile and more integrated to include all channels and devices, allowing works to stay connected and collaborative from any location and at any time. This is all thanks to the growth and popularity of Unified Communications (UC). But businesses sometimes think that managing UC can be a complex and costly process, especially because most UC environments typically involve multi-vendor technologies. And without the right tools, monitoring systems and applications, as well as troubleshooting issues, can become difficult and lengthy, which can affect service quality and business operations. But this does not have to be the case, and businesses can achieve a hassle-free UC system by using a solution that fits their business.
To help enterprises ensure the best communications experience each and every time, VOSS Solutions, a leading UC management vendor, recently introduced a new module in its UC management portfolio: VOSS Assurance.
Ensuring Successful UC Deployments
Launched in March of this year, VOSS Assurance is a module designed to provide businesses with a comprehensive view into their operational performance by giving them access to real-time monitoring, troubleshooting, and problem resolution across multi-vendor UC solutions.
The solution automates the process of collecting both structured and unstructured machine-generated data from different sources and combines it with data that provides business context. It then correlates the gathered data and analyzes it, providing companies new insight into their business and operational performance. It integrates with VOSS-4-UC, VOSS’ most advanced UC management platform, to add business context to the available technical data in order to ensure quicker fault detection and faster resolution.
Mike Frayne, the CEO at VOSS, said that the company’s latest offering allows businesses to maximize their UC investment. "VOSS Assurance significantly enhances VOSS-4-UC to deliver the most comprehensive set of UC management capabilities on the market today,” Frayne said. “Combined with VOSS-4-UC, VOSS Assurance provides an exciting new way to blend provisioning, analytics, and assurance into a single, easy to manage interface."
Bill Dellara, the Vice President of Product at VOSS, also commented on the latest product release:
"What's really exciting about VOSS Assurance is that it is not limited to UC; it is capable of performing Log Analysis on virtually any device, giving VOSS customers the option to expand the use of VOSS Assurance beyond the UC domain."
What Users Can Expect from VOSS Assurance
VOSS Assurance is powered by LayerX Technologies, a leading provider of advanced data analytics software. In 2016, VOSS Solutions and LayerX Technologies announced a strategic partnership, giving LayerX integrated access to VOSS-4-UC data. By combining the service assurance expertise of LayerX with the service fulfillment expertise of VOSS, customers are able to get a rich understanding of business and operational performance.
Below are the key features of VOSS Assurance:
- UC service quality – The solution guarantees top-notch all quality management, call-path analytics, network health monitoring and fault isolation.
- Log Analytics – Users can benefit from structured and unstructured analysis of all machine data.
- Application usage and performance – The solution offers rich insight into the application usage as well as the host performance.
- Fault identification and resolution – It also provides multi-threaded correlation to produce rich event monitoring and automated corrective actions.
- Multi-vendor – VOSS Assurance collects, correlates, and alerts a business’ entire UC / Network infrastructure. The solution also includes support for a number of leading brands including Cisco, Microsoft, and Avaya solutions and related devices.
With VOSS Assurance, businesses will see the following benefits:
- Rapid resolution of UC quality issues - With time-sensitive and actionable data available from one place, organizations can quickly identify and resolve issues before they affect users. No need to use or search through multiple systems or apps. Thus, helping to enhance customer experience and satisfaction.
- For service providers, VOSS Assurance lets them exceed customer expectations - The ability to provide timely, relevant and insightful service quality metrics can open doors to new revenue opportunities for service providers. Giving end users self-service access to additional reports and analysis also help boost service providers’ revenue.
- Save time and money - VOSS Assurance can be deployed quickly. It also offers rich out-of-the-box capabilities, helping lower license and operating costs.
- View the bigger picture -VOSS Assurance’s integration with the VOSS-4-UC management suite helps companies gain better visibility and a deeper, more holistic understanding of their business.
Business Areas Impacted by a UC Solution
For a UC solution to be successful, it needs to have a number of critical features and tools that help a business reach its goals. But beyond these key functionalities, the best way to determine the success of a UC solution is by selecting what your company wants to focus on and achieve by implementing UC. In other words, you need to analyze and understand where you want your UC solution to have an impact. Frayne shared three primary area that a UC solution can positively impact:
|If you are looking to focus on productivity, UC can help:
||If you are looking to focus on the end user, UC can help:
||If you are looking to save money and time, UC can help:
||As a single business portal for all services
||Reduce total cost of ownership
|Correctly implement your design
||A faster delivery service for new applications
||Save on implementation
|Actively avoid data slippage
||Real-time self-service opportunity for end users
||Save on operational costs
|Improve integration with legacy systems
||Maintain strategic control
||Save on overall capital
VOSS' Assurance product strives to meet these business needs through its ease of use and migration technology that helps to automate and simplify the challenge of operating today's communications environments.
VOSS Solutions has been ranked by independent UC analyst firm, Nemertes Research, as the #1 UC operational management vendor, that helps reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) for enterprise communications. According to Nemertes Research, businesses that use VOSS spend 19% less on their UC implementation costs, compared to organizations that use competing vendors. Additionally, these businesses spend 7% less per year on UC operating costs, compared to organizations using competing vendors.
VOSS - Transforming the Workplace through Reliable UC Management
Aside from VOSS Assurance, the company also offers multi-vendor UC management and migration solutions to help businesses get the most from their communication solutions. They offer two UC products:
- VOSS-4-UC - Ranked by Nemertes as the world #1 UC operations management platform, this solution can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud. It is designed to help businesses create, manage, operate and optimize the most advanced UC environments. VOSS Assurance, VOSS Analytics, and VOSS Self-Service are modules of VOSS-4-UC.
- VOSS MiGR8-2-UC - This is a highly sophisticated product that enables organizations to perform big data UC migration projects.
Visit VOSS’ website to learn how they help businesses reap the most benefits from their UC solution.
VOSS Solutions is a trusted provider of multi-vendor UC management and migration solutions, founded on the idea of improving unified communication management and reducing the costs often associated with operating these solutions. Headquartered in Richardson, Texas, VOSS offers award-winning UC products such as VOSS-4-UC and VOSS MiGR8-2-UC, which help companies make the most out of today’s increasingly sophisticated communications environments.