Accelerate Team Communications with Flock
Business agility, or the ability of an organization to spot change and quickly respond to it, is critical for companies who seek to grow and thrive in today’s constantly evolving and competitive marketplace. Becoming more agile and dynamic enables teams to work faster and better. However, agility doesn’t happen by accident. It is achieved through establishing a good company culture, implementing solid strategies, and, of course, using efficient team communication techniques and tools.
When it comes to team collaboration and communication, Slack messaging app is often the first thing that comes to mind. While Slack does have solid features and functionality, there is actually a vast range of team messaging solutions in the market today that offer better feature sets and can do just as much--or even more--as Slack. One of these options is Flock.
In the following article, Ninad Raval, the VP of Product and Design at Flock, talks about their real-time messaging and collaboration app and shares with VoipReview.org how Flock helps accelerate team communications and allow companies to achieve true business agility.
Building Stronger, More Agile Teams with Flock
Launched in 2015, Flock is a real-time team messaging and collaboration platform, loaded with tons of innovative features that help enhance organizational and team productivity, efficiency, and agility. Unlike traditional business communication tools, Flock brings teams together much faster by integrating a business’ most used apps and services at work into a single platform. The solution is also scalable and platform-agnostic and features a simple, clutter-free and intuitive interface that makes it the fastest messenger platform in the market.
According to Raval, Flock is suitable for today’s mobile, modern workforce that desires and deserves more from their communications systems. “Enterprises and communities need to be responsive, and it is essential to work in teams and collaborate on projects,” said Raval. “It’s important to have a superior team messaging app, to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Flock is the ideal tool for organizations looking to move to a real-time communication model.”
In addition to helping teams communicate faster, Flock also enables developers to build customized apps, bots, and integrations directly into the Flock user interface via FlockOS, the world’s first chat operating system. Developers can then use these customized apps within their teams or organizations or offer them for all Flock users through the Flock App Store. "With our FlockOS platform, developers can build apps that are more native, powerful and richer than in other team messengers. This is how we help teams solve their problems - by giving them a platform to build their solutions,” said Raval.
Why Choose Flock
Available for Windows, macOS, Apple, and Android devices, Flock is changing the way teams and organizations function, collaborate with their co-workers, or organize tasks, with its rich set of features.
Here’s how Flock help teams get things done fast and smart:
- Affordable - Flock is free for enterprises and their “Pro” offering starts at $3 per user per month, roughly 50% cheaper than what its main competitors offer.
- Connect teams together - Flock makes it easy for users to connect and collaborate by creating and accessing multiple teams (whether project-based, interest-based or even organisation-wide) using a single Flock account.
- Easily find and share information - With Flock’s blazing fast search capabilities, users can easily share and search for files of all types, as well as find other members within their team/company based on designation and function.
- Join and participate in virtual meetings - Flock also offers users the ability to conduct virtual meetings. Flock offers video conferencing via appear.in, as well as screen sharing for workers on the go.
- Maintain control - Team and admin channels get a whole host of powers to control their teams and activities, according to Raval. “For example, team admins can control who can or cannot join a particular team, including blocking external domains. Under file sharing restrictions, team admins can manage file sharing permissions for users, including file type and size. Even at the channel level, Flock has given its users advanced controls,” explained Raval.
- Move across devices effortlessly - With Flock, all conversations are synced and stored across devices. This means users can easily move from their laptops to their smartphones and pick up a conversation from where they left off.
- Multilingual support - “While most of our competitors have only gone as far as offering customer support in native languages, Flock has customized its entire platform in key native languages besides English,” said Raval. The entire app is available in Spanish, Portuguese and Russian.
- Secure conversations - Flock meets the industry standards for data privacy and security. These basics include standards for data encryption, data center security, the privacy of messages and profile data, secure app design, and access to user data.
The Future of Team Communications and Collaboration
According to Raval, technology has, no doubt, completely transformed our daily work life, helping to facilitate diverse task requirements, processes, and preferences. Business messaging tools, in particular, have efficiently simplified the way people collaborate in the workplace, with service providers and developers rolling out one platform after another that support the development of apps, bots, and integrations. Raval predicts that the market will continuously see an increasing need for such apps and tools in the future. “Moving forward, there will be an increasing need for apps and tools that are built on top of the messaging framework. I firmly believe that in the next three to five years, business chat apps/team messengers will become the next operating system,” stated Raval.
To learn more about Flock and how the platform is helping teams become more connected, efficient, and agile, please visit Flock’s website.
Flock is a real-time communication app for teams, loaded with productivity features that help make it easy for teams to share ideas, collaborate on projects, and make smart decisions faster. Flock was incorporated in 2014 and is backed by serial tech entrepreneur Bhavin Turakhia, its founder and CEO. It is a global company with active presence in the US, the UK, India, Spain, Russia, and Brazil.