Make your conference call more interactive with web conferencing.
Web conferencing is now offered by many conference call providers as an added option to make your meetings more productive.
Many conference call providers offer web conferencing as an option to enhance productivity.
With any conference call, you can conduct live meetings or live training session with several different offices.
With a web conference, you can enhance your meeting with a PowerPoint presentation, an Excel spreadsheet, or something else. You control the enhancements and you control the presentation.
Each participant in a web conference needs to have the following:
- An Internet connection
- A computer
- A web browser (like Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- An email address
- The URL for the web conference's browser-based portal
- The downloadable application (think Skype)
What Web Conferencing can do
Web conferencing can occur simultaneously with audio conferencing. Web conferencing allows for real-time collaboration, in addition to just talking, with the following applications:
- Slideshow Presentations: All conference attendees can view the slide show while the presenter discusses and explains it.
- Video streaming: The moderator or present can show or share a video or other media file from his computer to everyone else.
- Webinars: Conduct a seminar over the web. A presenter conducts a workshop or seminar from his office. The seminar attendees can listen to and view the presentation from their own offices or homes. They can participate in polls and Q&A sessions, too.
- File, screen, and application sharing: Attendees gain access to files and use applications shared by the moderator. Attendees can also see what the presenter is looking at and doing during his presentation.
- Text chat: Even when attendees are 'muted', they can chat questions for the moderator or comments and questions to other participants.
- White board: A virtual (or real) white board allows for public comments, quick diagrams, and instant explanations.
Benefits of Web Conferencing
Web conferencing offers users many benefits, which include the following:
- Save on travel costs: Attendees can listen, view, and participate in the meeting without actually being physically present. No need to fly in, fly out, book hotels, or worry about expense accounts.
- Save on time: Get several team members together to work on a project no matter where they are.
- Spread information: Virtual meetings and classrooms mean that you can educate more people about your product or service.
Web Conferencing and Hosted Audio Services
Many audio conferencing providers offer web conferencing services. Web conferencing can be a much cheaper option for small businesses than purchasing proprietary web conference software or getting a dedicated web conference provider.
With a conference call provider, you'll enjoy the best of audio conferencing as well as web conferencing. These providers also offer assistance, technical support, and tutorials to make your meetings go smoothly. Most conference call providers offer unlimited packages that integrate audio conferencing with web and video conferencing.