With the growing number and popularity of alternative communication channels, some companies believe that a phone system is no longer necessary for conducting business. However, a professional business phone solution remains to be an essential tool for fueling business growth--especially in the areas of sales and support.
Fortunately, feature-rich business phone systems that were previously viewed as only for the enterprise are now more accessible and affordable to organizations small and large. Modern IP phone systems help companies to move forward by enabling everyday conversations efficiently and cost-effectively. One powerful business communication platform that is empowering organizations of all sizes to communicate securely, effectively, and with ease is Business-Connect by Cyclix Networks. Business-Connect offers a cutting-edge integrated IP-PBX, VoIP phones, and telecommunications service at no capital expense.
In this article, Cyclix Networks talks to VoipReview about the Business-Connect platform and how it is helping to solve the various communication requirements of businesses. They also offer some advice on how companies can choose the right communication solution and service provider to fit their specific needs.
Q: Can you please give us a brief overview of your company (i.e. year founded, company size, rebranding, industries you serve, etc.)?
A: The company was started in 2005. Its initial goal was to handle large scale SIP-Trunking customers with unique throughput and reliability requirements, not generally offered by traditional hosted VoIP providers. But with its Business Connect™ product, Cyclix Networks has also captured parts of the mid- and small-tier market. Today, Cyclix serves a broad range of customers, from significant Fortune 500 accounts to medium and small enterprises.
Q: What is Business-Connect? What are its standout features?
A: Cyclix Networks Business-Connect™ telephone system & service offers both small and large enterprise clients a state-of-the-art, integrated IP-PBX, VoIP phones, and telecommunications service. Business-Connect™ enables the client to take advantage of the features that VoIP telephony offers in a plug-n-play, no risk, “no capital expense” package. At the same time, it eliminates the pitfalls associated with hosted VoIP products such as poor quality of service, security issues, and firewall integration problems.
Q: Can you give a brief overview of the NPlus-Network™ and how it is tied to Business-Connect?
A: N-Plus™ is Cyclix Networks’ fault-tolerant, high-transaction SIP Network. N-Plus™ fills a critical need for high-volume SIP customers and our Business-Connect users by offering—
- High capacity throughput
- PSTN or better redundancy & reliability through dynamic connection to SIP switch points
- Multiple routes to any global destination
- Least cost route to any given destination
Q: What are the advantages of an on-premise based system like Business-Connect™ versus a hosted option?
A: Unique in the industry, Cyclix Networks Business-Connect™ service empowers enterprises with an unbeatable, value-added combination of integrated, patent-pending telephone services and managed premises-based IP-PBX equipment that outpaces hosted VoIP service offerings in the areas of voice quality, security, and feature sets.
- Quality of Service—a customer premises-based design offers a real Session Border Controller to mediate between bulk corporate data and voice data, giving users crisp, clear calls with no drops or interruptions.
- Security—the on-site SBC also ensures against fraudulent attacks on the organization’s VoIP infrastructure. Cyclix Networks believes that it is so secure that we indemnify the client from any fraud charges that may happen on the account.
- Firewall Integration—with the on-site intelligence, the firewall integration problem is resolved. Business-Connect™ will integrate seamlessly with any corporate firewall.
Q: In your opinion, what are the most crucial features and/or tools a business should look for in a communication solution?
- Reliability—First and foremost is the reliability of the service provided. How many Points of Presence does the service offer? In the event of a natural disaster, is there an alternate route for voice data to follow? Cyclix Networks utilizes three Points of Presence (PoPs), which we have recently rebuilt from the ground up with the latest technology and software solutions, ensuring greater speed and reliability than ever before. Furthermore, the Cyclix Networks N-Plus™ Fault Tolerant High Transaction SIP Network offers 99.999% uptime.
- Quality of Service—in addition to reliability, Q.O.S. is essential in any phone system, and varies widely, even among big name VoIP providers. Businesses simply do not have time for lost calls or poor sound quality.
- Full support and custom integration—Third on our list comes support. We are here to support all of our customers and are just a call or an email away, 24×7. Additionally, our engineers will work with each Business-Connect customer throughout deployment to ensure that their system is fully integrated and customized with features such as free teleconferencing, computer-based User-Control Panel, and full support for that company’s remote workers. Additionally, company-wide speed dial lists, Help-Desk, and Operator Panel can all be customized to according to the company’s needs.
- Security—The Cyclix Networks Business-Connect architecture is unparalleled and heads off VoIP pirates before they can even cross the gangplank. CreditWatch™ is a back-office service that watches a client’s real-time credit and assures that the client does not stray from normal day to day dialing patterns. If, however, the account strays from the norm, it is alarmed and restricted in real-time, thus protecting the client from fraud. Fraud-Buster™ is another back-office service that watches for the dialing to high-cost, high-risk foreign routes. Fraud-Buster™ detects fraudulent dialing patterns in real-time, and then either alerts, or shuts down the account to prevent fraud.
- Cost—The last, but by no means least, consideration is cost. When tallying the cost of a new system, be sure to include all costs—the PBX, consulting fees, time logged by the company’s I.T. staff, cost of telephones and monthly VoIP charges. Unique in the industry, Cyclix Networks’ Business-Connect™ product is a seamlessly integrated, bundled PBX, phones and service, all at “No Capital Expense”.
Q: What factors should companies consider when comparing service providers?
- Reliability—Will calls connect? Will calls be dropped? With Cyclix Network’s NPlus-Networks™, calls will connect 99.999% of the time because:
- three Points of Presence (POPs), each with multiple SIP switches, direct call traffic, meaning that there is never a single point of failure.
- Cyclix Networks’ partnerships with many of the top tier PSTN wholesale providers in the USA, ensure that diverse call routes are always available, regardless of the source or destination of the call.
- Additionally, Business-Connect™ customers and SIP trunking customers using our Tangent™ product have the advantage of the VectorX Session Border Controller (SBC) guarding the local IP circuit and mediating priority for all VoIP traffic. As a result, dropped calls or poor sounding calls are, for the most part, eliminated.
- Security—What measures are in place to prevent SIP Vicious from hacking the account and running up thousands of dollars in minutes? How secure is the company’s data? Again, with Business-Connect™ for a fully managed service, or Tangent™ for SIP-Trunking, the VectorX Session Border Controller provides coordinated security with the Cyclix switching centers. VectorX will only allow VoIP traffic to flow to and from it and the Cyclix Networks switching facilities. All attempts to make calls by third parties, will fail.
- Support—What is the quality of the support that is offered, when it is needed? Cyclix Networks offers three levels of support for all of its VoIP products. Each higher level of support brings in greater technical expertise. With this model there is always the right personnel for the job to fix a wide range of issues for the customer, quickly, and in real-time.
Q: How would you respond to customers who are concerned about security?
A: Credit-Check™ and Fraud-Buster™ have virtually eliminated VoIP fraud on the Cyclix network. With Business-Connect™, the on-site SIP Session Border Controller (SBC) restricts dialing to legitimate users of the system. The Business-Connect™ SBC also solves quality of service issues, and firewall integration/traversal challenges.
Q: What advice can you offer to businesses who have not yet made the switch to a VoIP solution?
A: Businesses considering a VoIP solution should do their due diligence, and not just settle on the largest or best-known VoIP carrier. When shopping for VoIP services, consider five points: reliability, quality of service, support and custom integration, security, as well as, of course, cost. When considering cost, make sure to include all costs—the PBX, consulting fees, time logged by the company’s I.T. staff, cost of telephones and monthly VoIP charges. Please check out Cyclix Networks’ Business-Connect bundled PBX, phones and service. We’d be happy to tell you more about our services and provide a quote.
Q: How is Cyclix Networks addressing the change to a more mobile workforce?
A: Our Business-Connect solution offers virtual extensions, call forwarding, and smartphone options. Customers can reach anyone within the company, whether they are in the office, working from home or a satellite office, or in the field.
Q: What trends do you see on the rise in the voice space in 2018? How is Cyclix Networks keeping up with these?
A: Cyclix Networks is always looking to expand our products’ capabilities. We are excited about our ability to integrate Business-Connect with our customers’ CRM software, so that customer service representatives know immediately who is on the line with them. Our smartphone solution enables cell phones to become virtual extensions so that customers’ calls are seamlessly forwarded to employees’ cell phones. Finally, our recent POPs upgrade ensures faster, better and even more reliable call connection on our network.
About Cyclix Networks
Cyclix Networks is a leading global provider of SIP trunking solutions and reliable, end-to-end Internet telephony services. Cyclix Networks' suite of high quality voice communications services are designed for high volume telecommunications users, including enterprises, call centers, and companies with Interactive Voice Response (IVR) environments. The company has cultivated strong partnerships with leading Value-Added Resellers and distributors, as well as leaders in the industry such as Asterisk/Digium, InGate, Linksys, and ShoreTel.