NetFortris, Inc., a trusted provider of secure, cloud-based communication solutions, announced that it has acquired Texas-based provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) software, Fonality.
The deal, announced this past February, will help to create a next-generation cloud service provider that is capable of offering security, network management, and a state-of-the-art UCaaS solution to address the growing needs of a converging IT and communications market. No specific financial details of the acquisition were announced.
A New Chapter for Fonality, NetFortris
According to the agreement, the combined company will divide its headquarters between the Seattle and Dallas offices and will maintain its operating centers in three countries, delivering service to more than 11,00 customers and 300,000 end users in over 41 countries worldwide. NetFortris CEO Grant Evans will also remain at the helm of the new company.
Evans said NetFortris’ acquisition of Fonality will enhance their VoIP and UCaaS suite of services, translating to a broader range of offerings that will (most importantly) benefit customers. “Bringing Fonality into the NetFortris family was a natural fit that will benefit our customers immensely through the expansion of our cloud services offering—providing customers with a complete set of cloud communications, networking, security and software defined solutions,” Evans said. “This expanded solution suite will enable us to further partner with our existing customers and meet the growing needs of the market, as companies seek a trusted partner to provide connectivity, security, mobility and dynamic UCaaS software solutions for communications.”
What Fonality and NetFortris Customers Can Expect
Established in 1994, NetFortris has catered to the communication needs and requirements of multi-location businesses. With its acquisition of Fonality, the company now has an installed base of more than 11,000 enterprise customers worldwide. Apart from this, prospective and existing customers of Fonality and NetFortris can also expect a lot more from this new team-up:
- MPLS Network - NetFortris runs a private, carrier-grade 10G MPLS network that offers unmatched performance, uptime, and security to customers. It delivers voice, video, and data communications in a reliable, effective, and safe manner, reducing the total cost of ownership and ensuring users worry-free connectivity.
- Security - Enterprise customers can also rest easy knowing all of their sensitive data and communications are protected. NetFortris has established a variety of security measures (including hosted firewall, secure VPNM access, and unified threat management solutions) to ensure that malware and viruses never infect their environment.
- Analytics - NetFortris makes it easier for customers to manage network bandwidth and performance, load balancing, and voice/video quality of service through a wide range of analytics solutions.
- Cloud Communications Platform (CPP) - The NetFortris Cloud Communications platform is a unique, open software-defined platform that offers a central core of all services. Through the platform, organizations can manage their network and application resources, access on-demand bandwidth, analytics, advanced security services, and more.
- Communications Suite - The new company’s Communications Suite integrates Fonality's Heads Up Display (HUD). HUD carries a wide range of features, including IM, presence, group chat, voice, video collaboration & screen sharing, and file sharing, available in any location and on any device.
- Contact Center - For contact centers, the combined company will also continue to offer solutions that will allow them to manage thousands of calls efficiently, at the fraction of the cost and expense of an on-premise call center solution.
- Consolidated partner program - In an interview with Channel Partners, John Young, NetFortris’ Senior Vice President of Sales, confirmed that NetFortris’ and Fonality’s partner programs will be consolidated in the coming weeks, and is scheduled to be launched in April.
NetFortris and Fonality are just two of the companies to jump on to the latest trend of mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships in the cloud communications space. In the coming months, it will be interesting to see how this newest partnership will impact the market and how it will take on rivals. But with its larger customer base and reach and stronger portfolio, the new NetFortris will surely create a ripple in the communications space.
For more details on the acquisition, visit Fonality's or NetFortris' website.
|| Plano, TX
|| San Francisco, CA
|| United States
|| United States
|| Hosted PBX, UC, Hybrid
|| Cloud UC, Contact Center
NetFortris (Netfortris, Inc.) is a trusted provider of cloud-based UCaaS, managed network solutions, hosted productivity applications, security, and specialized applications for enterprises of all sizes. Based in Seattle, Washington, NetFortris delivers solutions that are innovative, flexible, and seamlessly integrated, providing a user-friendly and unified user experience. The company ensures a simple, scalable and highly secure cloud communications operations for users through its proprietary cloud services management and analytics platform, the NetFortris Cloud Solutions Platform.
Fonality (Fonality, Inc.) is a provider of business phone systems for small businesses to mid-sized enterprises. Founded in 2004, Fonality offers award-winning solutions that offer greater flexibility, a wide array of features and functionality, and outstanding customer experience. Recognizing the unique needs of business, Fonality gives their customers the freedom to choose how to deploy their phone systems and services: via the cloud, private hosted, and hybrid deployment. On February 21, 2017, the company announced that it will be joining the NetFortris family.