Google Voice comes with a variety of interesting features that can benefit businesses that are looking for a convenient and affordable VoIP service to replace their plain old telephone systems. This Internet-based phone solution works well with other digital platforms and different devices including desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets. You can also get free calling services within the US and Canada, set up number porting easily, and have one phone number to ring all your devices with Google Voice. As a result, you can easily connect with your workers, partners, and customers, anywhere at any time.
With all these business benefits of Google Voice, it’s easy to see why many organizations looking for an inexpensive calling solution would rely on this phone VoIP service to handle their business communications. But for those businesses utilizing Google Voice may have experienced, this Internet-based phone solution is not necessarily the best. Even though Google Voice comes with a plethora of features that are suitable for startups, freelancers, and small businesses, this VoIP calling solution has some limitations, including the lack of a direct technical or customer support, no emergency calls, and issues on call quality, reliability, and number porting ability. All these limitations may present problems for the users.
So if have been using Google Voice but you feel like it’s the perfect time to change and find alternative calling solutions that can enhance your business communications, this guide can help you. Check out these five Google Voice Alternatives that business can use to improve the call experience.
Line2 is one of the most popular alternatives to Google Voice that empowers users by helping them establish a local presence while concurrently giving them the connectivity to access their phone systems from any location. Available for Android and iOS, Line 2 enables users to choose their own specific number and make or receive phone calls within Canada and the US as well as unlimited text messages with JPEG attachments using different devices such as smartphones, tablets, desktops, and laptops. Additionally, Line2 allows users to keep their own number and port it, and it can even enable users to choose a toll-free number.
- Pricing: $12.45 per month with annual billing cycle.
- Highlights: Line2 is best for businesses with on-the-go employees and workers who are stationed remotely. This phone solution makes it easier and more convenient for the business owners and the employees to stay in touch at all times and not miss out on any customer call, regardless of their current location.
- Other Features: Group conferencing, group messaging, picture messaging, call forwarding, after-hour call handling, advanced auto attendant, and more.
OnSIP recently made waves in the telecom space by introducing a completely free plan. The company offers one of the most convenient cloud communications apps that enables teams to make free video and voice calls and get unlimited extensions. What makes OnSIP special is that it allows users to make calls through any app or SIP phone, with unlimited SIP to SIP calling and SIP domain hosting. OnSIP’s pay-as-you-go plan also allows up to 100 or more users and external PSTN calling (although it requires the users to purchase of up to $50 worth of extra features).
- Pricing: Free for 100 users, video and voice calls, unlimited extensions, and unlimited SIP to SIP calls. For unlimited users, the plan is available for $24.95 per user per month with added features.
- Highlights: One of the best features of OnSIp is its Developer API that enables small businesses to integrate the app with a customer relationship management (CRM) platform or a Software as a service (SaaS) solution. Ideal for businesses that find web calling more useful than a phone-based solution.
- Other Features: Web phones, team presence, web call links, Slack integration, a Google Chrome extension, business hour settings, Zendesk integration, and more.
Telzio is a cloud-based phone system that delivers a cost-effective and feature-rich calling solution for small and mid-sized businesses. With Telzio, businesses can adopt an entirely new US-based phone number with unlimited SIP accounts, call flows, and extensions for only one dollar a month. Additionally, Telzio provides SIP trunking services and the pricing is based on monthly usage.
- Pricing: $1 a month for startups. For pay-as-you-go plan, users will be charged $.0119 per inbound minute and Pro for $29 a month with 1000 minutes. Users can also add a fax or toll-free number for only $5 a month and a 1000-minute plan for just $29 per month.
- Highlights: Telzio is an ideal choice for businesses wanting to have more extensions that are free. This cloud-based business phone solution is best as a supplemental phone line because Telzio not only offers a long list of features but it enables affordable pay-as-you-go service.
- Other Features: Free call recording, call forwarding to local numbers and landlines, IVR menus, and a web-based control panel.
DingTone is a mobile phone app that provides users with a local phone number to make unlimited free calls. This Google Voice alternative also enables users to send and receive Short Message Service (SMS) and text messages, allowing them to send pictures and share their location with ease. One important feature of DingTone is its ability to integrate well with Facebook, thereby making it easier for users to call or send messages through this popular social networking site. Users are also able to use this app to call mobile phones and landlines in 200 countries at an affordable rate.
- Pricing: $18.99 for 1000 minutes and a flat rate of $9.99 for 500 minutes.
- Highlights: Companies looking to enhance their text message-based support for customers can take advantage of DingTone. This mobile phone app also synchronizes easily with Facebook Messenger, enabling users to take advantage of the social media platform for a responsive customer support.
- Other Features: Free group conference calls and group chats for up to a few hundred users at once.
Grasshopper is a comprehensive phone system that enables users to choose a toll-free, local, or vanity number, depending on their preference. While Grasshopper is more costly than other Google Voice alternatives, this phone service delivers a variety of unique features such as mobile fax signatures, voicemail transcription (which can be directly sent to an email), and faxes emailed as PDFs. Plus, using the business SMS feature of Grasshopper enables small and mid-sized companies to send professional text messages to their colleagues, partners, and customers.
- Pricing: The starting price for the services provided by Grasshopper is $12 per month with 6 cents a minute. Grasshopper also comes with other packages that include $49 a month with two numbers and 2000 minutes and $24 a month and 500 minutes with one number.
- Highlights: Grasshopper enables freelancers and small and mid-sized businesses to get their own vanity number, local number, or toll-free number. As a cutting-edge cloud-based phone system, Grasshopper helps businesses easily set-up and run their enterprise communication using their mobile phones.
- Other Features: Employee extension number, auto attendant, remote functionality, custom greetings, add agents/departments, and more.
There are many alternatives to Google Voice that offer affordable options to make and receive calls from any devices, including smartphones, laptops, desktops, and tablets. Regardless of which communication app or service you end up using, keep in mind to choose the solution that is reliable, inexpensive, and meets your overall business requirements.