We signed up with this firm some time ago and have some limited experienced with Business VOIP. We were careful to issue clear and concise purchase order and the company agreed to that contract.
The first sales rep was cordial and tried his best but the company is selling services it can not deliver.
(1) PORTING numbers in 3 geographic areas was a contractual requirement of our purchase. They guaranteed they could do it but have not been able to do about 25% of our phones.
(2) TOLL FREE. Better an cheaper toll free was another reason we bought. But they ahve failed to secure the transfer our toll free numbers repeatedly costing us about $2,500 in excess charges from the old carrier.
(3) PHONE SETS: We have about a dozen sets in 3 locations. None worked for the first month, then a few and a few more. We still have sets that do not work at all.
(4) CUSTOMER PORTAL: Being able to add & subtract serivces or just change a user name or voicemail was a big feature. Unfortunatly, they have now locked the portal because "It wasn't ready to bill people when they added new services."
(5) CUSTOMER SERVICE: So to make even the smallest of change [the kind we were able to do personally in our old traditional PBX] we have to call or put in a service ticket. Unfortunately they seldom call back, and usually ignore service tickets.
(6) BILLING: Their billing system is very messy. They have persisted in charging us for service that don't work.
(7) DAMAGES: We had intended to continue working with them provided they reimburse us for the not delivered services, excess forwarding tolls [from the prior provider] and the difference in Toll Free numbers.
(8) BAD ATTITUDE. That resulted in them threatening to turn off the service entirely on very short ofer.
SUMMARY: This company does not honor the contracts they make with customers. The President is a beligerent type and does not take responsibilyt for his companies failings. We'll have to go through the entire bidding process and all because this company doesn't understand how to be responsible. Too bad, really. We are not complainers but boy we used to think Ma Bell was bad but she looks like a saint compared to some of these new VOIP providers.
This customer cut over to GlobalPhone quickly after having problems with another provider . There was no concise purchase order or written terms proffered by the customer. We brought up around 20 phones in multiple locations and the customer began using around 50,000 minutes a month. They refused to pay their bill for eight months, the excuse being that we could not port one phone number in Winthrop Washington, which is a Century Tel only city. Our sales rep failed to flag that number for portability, but no carrier can port it as CenturyTel is the only game in town.. The customer unreasonably held up the entire bill for one number, and after exhausting our patience we advised them we would terminate their service - what they refer to as a “bad attitude.” As far as the toll free numbers are concerned, the customer was so disorganized they could never give us the proper documentation or a copy of their bill to process the port request.