A conference call service allows your business to make hassle-free and affordable conference calls.
A call conference, also referred to as teleconference or audio conference, is a call or live audio exchange between several persons in multiple locations. Pretty much, it's an enormous three-way phone call.
Conference call services connect callers by means a conference bridge. It's like an enormous PBX.
Many businesses choose to outsource their conference calling needs to a dedicated conference call service providers to avoid the hassle and cost of purchasing and maintaining equipment. And a conference bridge can be very expensive.
Conference call service providers give subscribers a number and PIN, with which participants can join the meeting. Users charged on a per minute, per user basis, or by monthly fee for unlimited service.
Even international conference callers can "attend" a conference by conference call. They just need to use the international or toll-free number provider by the conference call service.
Benefits of Using a Conference Call Service
Businesses commonly use conference call services for team meetings, sales presentations, earnings reports, training classes, company-wide announcements, information cascades, and more.
Conference call services offer the following key advantages:
- Savings: Conference call services save companies money by cutting travel costs. Why attend fly to a meeting when you can just call the entire office in New York?
- Increased reach: Reach more people at the same time, regardless of where they are. Actual contact can improve relationships between offices and employees as well as customers.
- Real-time collaboration: Act instantly, reach decisions quickly, and collaborate better - because you can work together, voice to voice. Or even face to face.
- Stay globally: Conference calling providers allow international callers to join meetings at low rates.
Conference call services offer several built-in or value-added features such as the following:
- Recording: Manual or automatic recording. The audio file can be downloaded or accessed by phone after the call. Perfect for shareholder meetings.
- Moderator Controls: Stay in control. Invite, mute, or "excuse" callers.
- Question and Answer: Participants can “raise a hand” if they have a question. Polls can also be conducted easily during the conference call.
- Operator Assistance: An operator will organize your meeting. The operator schedules the meeting, professionally greets each attendee, and handles Q&A.