VoIP PBX systems eliminate many of the complications of the traditional PBX. From size to basic functionality, the VoIP PBX system is simply easier to manage.
In a traditional PBX system, incorporating new call control features or adding lines typically involves changes to hardware, and can be difficult, laborious and expensive. A VoIP PBX system is much more flexible, allowing for quicker, easier accommodations to new features, lines, and extensions.
With a VoIP PBX, feature and system upgrades are often a matter of simple software changes. VoIP PBX telephone systems are more adept at handling the changing needs of a growing business economically and efficiently.
- With traditional PBX systems, businesses are saddled with a large, cumbersome mechanical beast that occupies a significant chunk of office space. VoIP PBX systems have a much smaller on-site footprint.
With a hosted VoIP, the PBX system is off-site altogether. Even if a company chooses to have an on-premises VoIP PBX, the amount of space the VoIP PBX occupies is comparatively minimal.
- A traditional PBX is also an unruly mess of cords, including cabled cross-connects. To manage a traditional PBX requires not only space, but expertise: A company with a traditional PBX needs a dedicated employee to manage even routine actions, such as adding extensions, or hires an outside vendor, which can be expensive.
- A VoIP PBX system makes the management of the company phone system easy. Much of the functionality of a VoIP PBX system can be accomplished easily through a web-based interface. A VoIP PBX system management interface also offers anywhere/anytime access.
- A traditional, on-site PBX is expensive to maintain and expand. Adding lines and extensions can be problematic. Incorporating new features can be expensive in terms of labor, time, and actual service charges.
- VoIP PBX systems are easily upgraded. Incorporating new features is typically accomplished via the web-based PBX system management interface. Extensions and lines no longer require advanced telephony skills and cross-connects, and can be expedited through SIP trunking.