If you have a business and are interested in saving money while enjoying the benefits of VoIP, Vonage is a company you should definitely consider. For VoIP Vonage offers excellent services for small to medium-sized companies who are vying for business in a very competitive market.
When using VoIP, Vonage uses a Cisco ATA analog to digital phone converter on your current phone to make VoIP connection. You will see no difference in the way your phone functions. The only difference you would see with this option is that to place a call you would need to dial all 11 digits. Other than that the features of your phone service such as call waiting, caller ID, call forward and so on all work the same.
If you are a business owner looking at VoIP Vonage is easy to use. Most customers agree that with Vonage they do not deal with dropped calls during peak times and the quality of the calls, although not perfect, is good. When looking at VoIP Vonage offers two plans:
· The first plan includes unlimited local and regional long-distance calls with 500 minutes per month of free long-distance anywhere in the United States and Canada for $25.99 per month.
· The second plan includes unlimited long-distance calls within the United States and Canada, as well as unlimited local and regional calling for $39.99 per month.
As with any service, when looking at the various plans for VoIP, Vonage has both pros and cons regarding service. On the positive side the rates are exceptionally low, which is perfect for the small to medium-size companies interested in growing their business. If you consider the rates for these plans the VoIP Vonage offers is an incredible value.
Another benefit includes eliminating the need for a local and long-distance carrier. Rather than pay for two phone lines for your business you only need the VoIP service from Vonage, which results in a huge annual savings. The one major advantage you will find with the VoIP Vonage offers is the features. Without a doubt the features are what make this particular VoIP service provider so competitive.
Just a few of the features you will enjoy when choosing Vonage include:
· 911 Service
· Bandwidth Saver
· Call Forwarding, ID, ID-Blocking, Return, Transfer
· Instant Online Records
· Network Unavailability Forwarding
· Repeat Dialing
· Take Vonage Anywhere in the World
· Virtual Phone Numbers
Although the advantages far outweigh any disadvantages for VoIP, Vonage does have just a few negative aspects, which include:
· No 411 Service
· Caller ID does not always show number
· Dependent on Broadband / Power
· Internet Latency
· Not all Cities have Numbers
· One Phone Connector